So I wanted to quickly give some ideas of what is coming up next, as I do realize I have left my following in the dark.

ShuffleTone:
First off, we've made it to the 50,000 - 250,000 mark for both versions :D I want to say thanks to everyone who has helped make the product what it is now. I have personally come along way from the experience, and I am honored to have made something that you can all find to be useful

Next I want to apologize for the lack of updates. I am currently teaching at the University of Utah, managing a local amusement park, and been going to school full time(as well as been working on this side project...more on that later). I just haven't found the time; though that will hopefully change soon. I have some pretty radical changes that I want to implement, such as a more efficient save/load, an easier interface, a widget or two, and some fixings for the file browser. These are HUGE changes and may take a while, but I really want to get around to it.
** Update - Ok, so Back-End is done for the new app. Its way more efficient and should feel a lot more seamless. Front-End has not been finished but it has been started. UI development is not a speedy task, so the fact that I have school at full force right now and I am in the process of finding a new job, so time is scarce(as it always seems to be). I promise an epic release when it comes to that time though.

Lastly, I am taking ShuffleTone OLD off of the market. The downloads have pretty much stalled, and with the improvements that I am planning on the new one, it will be pretty pointless to keep. I'll throw up a link to the latest APK that you can download from outside the market if you wish.
**UPDATE - I re-added it back onto the market after several requests for it back. I guess it doesn't hurt to support both, but I hate seeing so many people own such a bad coding example lol.

Wallpaper Shuffle
I know that I had promised this a long time ago, and I still want to do it, but other projects have taken priority. I'm thinking that once I redeploy the newest version of ShuffleTone, I should be able to take the back end, and just change it a little to work with wallpapers instead of music.
** Update - I'm really starting to hate this backburner...its so disappointing to me to have to push things back but once again, life has gotten in the way of things again. I apologize about that and have been keeping it in mind while I tinker with the new ShuffleTone.

Absolutely Android RSS App
So this is the dirty little secret app that only my twitter followers knew about(bytheway, I only have 36 followers :( you should follow me at @DizWARE). I made it for my buddy Troy, and his website www.AbsolutelyAndroid.com. It allows you to keep up with the latest news articles from the website, with ease. Comes with 2 widgets, ability to change update frequencies, and the colors of read and unread articles. Nothing incredibly amazing but it works beautifully. The best part? Its completely open source, which means if you have a website that you want an RSS reader for, you can simply change the feed URL and the Absolutely Android images to ones that relate to your site, and it should work. You can fork the project from here: http://github.com/pencilo/Absolute-Android-RSS. Me and several other students from the University of Utah did this, and would appreciate the credit if you decide to use it. The app will be on the market tomorrow morning(7/15/10).

Playlist Streaming App
So this one was pitched today, so I thought I might give you guys a heads up that it was in the works. The U of U group that worked on the RSS reader has decided to work on an app that is capable of parsing data from a music playlist on the internet(like an m3u playlist). These playlists will have url pointers to songs that may or may not be scattered all over the internet. It will be open-source and will support as many playlist formats as we can. I'll update you all with more data as its available.
**Nope - This didn't happen. Sorry guys.


Random App Idea
So while I was in my office hours today, I was trying out a very weird anomaly that I found in the notifications class. Apparently you can put buttons inside a notification inside the notification. At this point, I thought of a great idea...what if we put something similar to the power control widget, inside the notification shade. Cool right? Well, after prying at it for wayyyy too long, I realized that there is no way for the system to recognize that these buttons should be treated as buttons. Instead, when you click it, it activates the notification behind it...no matter what click events you add into the button or the layout around it. Anyway, I was thinking, what if there was an app that launched an on-going notification, that when clicked will launch a dialog box that allows you to change these settings without leaving where you are at. If any of you have used QuickDesk, you would agree that power control access at any time is magnificent, but the double desktop thing slows everything down. This would keep it fast and be as accessible as QuickDesk(double pressing home).
** Update - Not as cool as the original idea, but AudioVolumizer was stemmed from this. Maybe I can expand it to be a lot more open like this was planned, but no promises.

1 comments:

Anonymous @ February 1, 2012 at 1:06 PM

After searching a couple different ways I can not find "shuffletone 2.0" on the market, what's that about?